We’re officially retiring our legacy Volt coach platform on July 10th, 2023. Here’s what that means for you.
As part of our commitment to delivering the best software experience, we're retiring the older version of the Volt coach platform and the Volt For Teams app on July 10th, 2023. Don't worry — all of our core functionality (as well as dozens of new features) will be available in our newest version of the coach platform: V3.
Here's what to expect when V2 is retired this summer.
Coaches will no longer be able to log in to V2.
- Instead, you’ll be directed to log in to the new version of our coach platform, V3.
- To log in to V3 now, click here.
Athletes will no longer be able to log in to V2.
- If you have athletes who currently log in to Volt via a web browser to log workouts or view analytics data, they will lose access on July 10th.
- If you’re a independent athlete who uses V2 to access the training editor, you’ll lose access to this feature on July 10th.
- To log workouts, your athletes need to download the Volt Training App on the App Store or Google Play store.
The Volt for Teams app will no longer be supported.
- You will no longer be able to log in as a coach to the Volt for Teams app. To download the new Volt for Coaches app, click here.
- Your athletes will no longer be able to log in as athletes to the Volt for Teams app. To log workouts, athletes need to download the Volt Training App.
Why is V2 being retired?
- Our legacy platform has served us well for many years, but it was built on an outdated code base. Our new coach platform is built on a new code base that allows us to release new features much faster than before.
How can my athletes log workouts on a web browser once V2 is retired?
- After July 10th, athletes will not be able to sign in to Volt via a web browser. To log workouts, athletes need to download the Volt Training App. Alternatively, you (coach) can print their workouts or log workouts for your athletes in the new coach platform.
How can I, as an athlete, access the training editor to customize my training once V2 is retired?
- After July 10th, you will no longer to be able to access the training editor. However, we are planning to build workout editing features right into the Volt Training App later this year — stay tuned!
What if I like the old platform better?
- We understand it can be hard to transition to new software. However, you’ll find most of the old features you loved in the new coach platform — along with many new features that we couldn’t add to the old platform, like creating blank programs from scratch!
Need more help? Contact our friendly Support Team at email@example.com.