Dumbbell and Barbell Load Prescription
As you move through your Volt training program you will likely see a few movements come up prescribing dumbbells and barbells with a specific load.
Loading for Dumbbells:
The load displayed should be read as the load for one dumbbell
- Example: Dumbbell Chest Press - load prescribed at 20 pounds.
- When preparing for this movement you should grab two 20 pound dumbbells from the rack (20 pounds in each hand).
Loading for Barbells:
The load prescribed is the total load you will lift, including the barbell weight itself.
- Example: Barbell Back Squat - load prescribed at 145 pounds
- When preparing for this movement check the weight of your barbell and add the appropriate amount of weight plates for a total load (plates + bar) of 145 pounds.
Loading for Kettlebells:
The load prescribed is for one kettlebell
- Example: KB swings - load prescribed 25 pounds
- When preparing for this movement you should grab one 25 pound kettlebell.